- I have an abiding love of Claude Monet's paintings, especially his later large canvasses depicting water and waterlilies. Something about the colours, the depth of field, the abstraction and the large scale really moves me.
- This is one of several in a series of big paintings inspired by these works, I have been enjoying working on a large scale. It's very liberating!
- I use palette knives, rags, brushes and dripping to create a rich paint surface. I work with the canvas on the ground sometimes, and also on an easel. Drips, overlapping colour and layers help to build up a story with the paint.
- This sturdy handmade canvas is 90x120cm
- If you would like me to paint the canvas edges white, please ask at time of purchase.
- It will be fitted with D rings for hanging purposes. These will be sited at the top two corners of the canvas. By putting screws into your hanging site in the appropriate place the painting will hang perfectly.
- You will receive a Certificate of Authenticity, as well as a set of twelve postcards to say thank-you for choosing my artwork.
Contact Sandy about Monet `in Blue And Green